I’ve decided to declare Wednesday my crockpot days. It is usually my long day/night at school and then I usually hit the gym afterward. So it’s nice to have a warm, home-cooked meal to look forward to at the end of the day! Plus, you literally throw stuff in a pot and leave it for 6-8 hours, no other hard work and one thing to clean up afterwards! #whatsnottolove. I was feeling a little bit homesick so this week I looked up healthy recipes of Beef Stroganoff. This is a meal my mother always cooked for me growing up when I had long days of dance or soccer!
- 1/2 lbs lean beef stew meat, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 1 C fat-free sour cream
- 1 can (10.75 oz) fat-free reduced sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 1 C water
- Add all the ingredients accept the sour cream into the crockpot, cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- After the 6-8 hours add the sour cream and stir. Allow it to cook for a few more minutes. If it stays really soupy and doesn’t thicken up add flour while stirring a tablespoon at a time until it thickens.
See! It’s that easy and delicious, not to mention you’ll have yummy left overs. It makes around 8 servings, I don’t really have measurements cup-wise but I just estimated. I like to pour my stroganoff over cooked egg noodles, but feel free to do it over wild rice or any noodle of choice. Here is the nutritional information without the noodles/rice.
Hope you all enjoy this meal as much as me! (: Stay tuned til tomorrow and I’ll give yeah a body burning TRX Band workout!